| Expectations: |
• Meets or exceed monthly performance standards and department goals.
• Works independently and efficiently to complete all tasks as assigned.
• General clerical duties: filing, inputting data, recording information, answering incoming phone calls, photocopying, faxing and other office duties.
• Acquires and maintains a complete and thorough knowledge and understanding of all Credit Union products, services and rates. Utilizes product knowledge, proven sales techniques and other documents and direction to coach and foster the cross selling of all Credit Union products and services
• Ability to communicate professionally, with courtesy and tact when dealing with management, staff, members and vendors.
• Maintains a high level of knowledge of Credit Union internal controls, compliance, laws, regulations, guidelines, policies and procedures in your area of responsibility.
• Models high standards of professionalism, attendance, communication, leadership, work ethic and personal responsibility.
• Continues to improve processes, products and services for the benefit of the member, the employees and the Credit Union.
• Ensures that activities within your area of responsibility are being performed in alignment with Credit Union strategies, concepts and overall goals and objectives of the organization.
• Adheres to Credit Union policies and procedures including the Employee Handbook.
• Ensures complete confidentiality in all areas.
• Maintains financial integrity of the Credit Union.
• An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image, business-like manner and appearance.
• Participates in all necessary Credit Union meetings, training sessions, community events and covering other branches as needed.
• Performs other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor.
• Must be proficient in carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the credit union's policies and applicable employment laws. These responsibilities include but are not limited to; training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing member complaints and resolving problem situations.
• Coaches and manages staff to achieve their performance objectives, expectations and goals. Identifies with each employee any factors interfering with achieving performance goals and develops strategies to remove them.
• Ability to motivate, train and supervise employees and maintain an effective and efficient schedule of work flow within areas of responsibility.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
• 1-2 year experience in credit unions.
• Experience with training co-workers on pertinent aspects of the lending preferred.
Knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics required:
• Ability to perform basic and complex financial calculations.
• Ability to interpret policies, procedures, regulations, and laws as it pertains to areas within your responsibility.
• Understanding and knowledge of Credit Union operations, business practices, products, services, philosophy and goals.
• Ability to read and write in English.
• Knowledge of grammar, punctuation and spelling rules.
• Ability to work under pressure with flexibility.
• Detail-oriented with the ability to coordinate a variety of activities and projects and simultaneously prioritize tasks and meet deadlines with minimum supervision.
• Must be a self-starter with the ability to perform detailed work accurately.
• Works well independently, as well as a team player.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but involved written or oral instructions.
• Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Knowledgeable of computer system concepts and methods, and spreadsheet and word processing software programs using Microsoft products.
• Familiar with data entry.
• Using Windows in a network environment.
• Basic knowledge of filing systems.
• Basic knowledge of operation of office equipment, specifically: fax machines, copy machines, computer printers and 10 key adding machines.
Various Demands: The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Occasional irregular and/or extended hours.
• Frequent travel between branches.
• Occasional other periodic travel.
• Continuous alertness, comparing, analyzing and memory demands
• Frequent judgment, reasoning, patience, problem solving, initiative and ingenuity.
Continuous sitting, standing, walking, repetitive use of fingers and hands, speaking, hearing and clarity of vision.
• Occasional bending squatting, kneeling, reaching, twisting and lifting.
• Frequent use of computer and office equipment.